Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Miss Smarty Pants



I realize we are biased when it comes to assessing our daughter's relative abilities, but the other night Rachel woke up late and came and sat with me on the couch while I was watching a shark week show. The show profiled the "10 most dangerous sharks" or something like that where they would show the range of all the different sharks as they profiled each one. One of the sharks, I think it was the mako, had a range that included the area around New York/Long Island. Rachel upon viewing the map said "good thing that shark isn't in the ocean by New Hampshire" which I wrote off as a typical Rachel statement. This time, however, she followed it up with "it is by New York and New York is next to Connecticut and Connecticut is close to New Hampshire so that shark might come up here!"

I thought that was pretty impressive for a 4 year old!

No comments: