Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Day That Will Live In Infamy

At least around here...

As some of you already know, Mindy cut her hair recently. In her own words the style is the "angle bob" or something like that and it looks really nice on her. So nice, in fact, that my sister Sarah was inspired to do the same.

Yesterday Rachel and I were watching a show on TLC and afterwards one of the numerous makeover shows came on. Surprisingly when I offered to change the channel to something else Rachel did not want me to do so. I didn't think anything of it nor did I think anything of her going to her room soon thereafter to play with her toys. Later, while I was washing dishes, I heard Mindy exclaim "Oh No!" and when I asked what was wrong Mindy told me that Rachel had cut her hair! It was nicely placed in a gladware bowl in her room. Needless to say a 4 (almost 5) year old cutting her own hair is not the best plan and this didn't go against the common wisdom on that one. Today I took her to a local hair cutter to get it fixed and she does look cute, but different.

There is no doubt that Mindy and I are the ones suffering the most. We are sad that she is never going to be the little girl with the long and beautiful (and as she would say "glamorous") hair anylonger. It is also sad because she looks so much more grown up with the shorter do. Rachel, on the other hand, loves it and asked me if she could "get it colored" now. I tell you she is too smart for her own good!

And of course here are some photos of the hairtastrophy:



No comments: