Monday, May 26, 2008

Travel Blogging - Part 2 Breakdown Boogaloo

Currently I am sitting in a Starbuck's in Aurora, Colorado waiting for a Penske repairman to come fix the truck. I thought I would take the time to gripe, not about the truck breaking down, about the number of tolls on e470 in Colorado. In the last 15 miles I have hit 3 toll booths each requiring me to pay $2. I think the state should post warning signs before you enter the roadway because "toll road" doesn't even begin to describe this one...

Penske said that my description usually means that the clamp for the turbo popped off, which is a relatively minor repair and that I should be back on the road soon after the repairman gets here. I hope that happens soon.

Otherwise, it was sad to leave the Laguzza's this morning and leave the girls behind. We had fun at their new condo and enjoyed our time in Omaha. Hopefully, if the truck gets fixed tonight, I will be able to see them tomorrow in Tucson. I will keep the interwebs posted if things are not fixed in a reasonable amount of time...

There, now I feel better about my predicament!

No comments: